Pemby Trail Fest 2018 and 2019
We were an establishment partner of the Pemby Trail Fest.
Held in May 2018, the Pemberton Trail Fest was a truly unique event on the trail running calendar.
Participants ran through some of Pemberton’s incredible native forests and took in the breathtaking beauty of the South West.
Photo credit: Pemby Trail Fest
SEVEN 2018 and 2019
We were a proud sponsor of the SEVEN mountain bike race for its first iteration in Nannup.
The 125 km race is a gruelling trail designed to 'redefine your limits' and features spectacular climbs through managed pine plantations.
The trail winds its way through approximately 30,000 acres in the Nannup, Bridgetown and Donnybrook area.
Photo credit: PB Photography
Karri Cup MTB Challange 2018 and 2019
We were a proud sponsor of the Karri Cup MTB Challenge 2018 and 2019.
The Karri Cup is one of Western Australia's largest and longest running mountain bike events.
Held in the Southern forests around Northcliffe, the event gives riders the chance to snake through 100 kms of karri trees.
Photo credit: Kerry Halford
Cowaramup Men’s Shed Mandolin making workshop
We were excited to sponsor the Cowaramup Men’s Shed for a mandolin making workshop in 2019.
The workshop saw participants create their own Mandolins from scratch.
It was a great opportunity for community members to come together and learn some techniques from a master luthier instructor.
Jazz in the Jarrah 2019
We were a proud sponsor of the 2019 Jazz in the Jarrah.
The Jazz in the Jarrah is a free community event in Manjimup, run by the local Lions Club.
It’s a great opportunity for locals to experience some fantastic jazz in the great outdoors at the Manjimup Timber and Heritage Park.
Albany Agricultural Show wood chop 2018
We were proud sponsors of the wood chop at the Albany Agricultural Show in 2018.
The wood chop was a great attraction, with some of our own foresters getting involved and showing what they had.
Cape to Cape MTB 2017 and 2018
We were a proud sponsor of the 2017 and 2018 Cape to Cape MTB.
Cape to Cape MTB is Australasia’s largest mountain bike multi-stage endurance race, catering to riders of all abilities with a fun but challenging three days in Margaret River.
The event takes participants through some of the best mountain bike tracks and forest trails WA’s South West has to offer.
Mountain Bike Australia National XCO - Pemberton rounds
We were a proud sponsor of the 2018 MTBA National XCO Pemberton rounds.
The event saw some of the best mountain bikers in Australia descend upon Pemberton from 26 to 28 January, 2018.
Taking place in the heart of karri country, competitors got to race through some of WA’s most majestic forests.
FPC Community Support Program 2019 grant recipients:
- Allanson Primary School - $1,000 to regenerate cleared land at the school.
- Albany Sculpture Drive - $1,500 to resurface the drive.
- Biochar Network of Western Australia Inc. - $2,000 to produce a video highlighting the benefits of biochar.
- Boyanup Primary School - $1,000 to grow native trees and shrubs for the school grounds.
- Break the Boundary Inc. - $2,000 for construction of a storage facility for bikes/riding aides for mobility challenged forest users.
- Bridgetown Volunteer Bush Fire Brigade - $2,000 to construct a wash down bay for use by local firefighting agencies.
- Busselton Woodturners Group - $2,000 for the purchase of a horizontal band saw.
- Donnybrook Men's Shed - $2,000 for the purchase of a Woodfast bandsaw resaw sawmill.
- Forestry Cricket Club - $1,200 for the purchase of new uniforms.
- Golden Valley Tree Park Inc. - $1,300 to reprint the visitor brochure.
- Ironstone Adventure Riding Club - $2,000 to assist with the running of the 2019 Capel 200 Trail Bike Rally.
- Manjimup Historical Society - $2,000 to run the 2019 Bridge Challenge.
- Margaret River Primary School P&C - $1,000 to create a nature playground.
- Mt. Barker Wildflower Photo Competition Committee - $500 to hold a photo competition.
- Riding for the Disabled WA - $1,500 for the replacement of obsolete or old safety equipment.
- Shire of Kojonup - $1,000 for a World Environment Day event for local school children.
- Southern Forests Photography Club - $1,647 to hold a photo competition.
- St. Joseph's School - $1,000 to help develop two nature play areas.
- Western Australian Sleddog Sports Association - $2,000 to sponsor the club's 2019 race and event season.
- Wilga Progress Association Inc. - $1,450 for an equestrian endurance ride through Wilga and Woop Woop.
FPC Community Support Program 2018 grant recipients:
- Albany Scout Group, Albany - $1,346 for the purchase of safety equipment
- Allanson Volunteer Bush Fire Brigade, Collie - $1,000 for the purchase of fire masks
- Association of Volunteer Bush Fire Brigades Historical Group, Bridgetown - $1,500 to restore a 1971 fire tanker
- Boyanup Foundation Inc, Boyanup - $1,985 to set up a display about the timber industry at the South West Rail and Heritage Centre
- Collie Heritage and Menshed Group Inc, Collie - $2,000 to purchase a sea container for timber storage
- East Manjimup Primary School, Manjimup - $2,000 to purchase bicycles
- Goldfields District Scouts, Boulder - $2,000 to install information signs in district campgrounds
- Ludlow Tuart Forest Restoration Group, Capel - $2,000 to plant tuart seedlings
- Manjimup Cherry Harmony Festival, Manjimup - $1,000 to set up a display about the timber industry and assist with children’s entertainment at the festival
- Nannup Historical Society Inc, Nannup - $1,500 to purchase computer equipment to digitally record historic photos and documents
- Northcliffe District High School, Northcliffe - $2,000 to develop a nature playground
- Recreational Trail Bike Riders Association of Western Australia, Darlington - $2,000 to create a beginners track for motorcycle riders
- Smith Brook Volunteer Bush Fire Brigade, Smith Brook - $1,494 to support the installation of a disabled access toilet at the Smith Brook Brigade and Community Shed